March 22, 2016 by Catherine Dhanjal
Dear MMIT Group member
Apply for a bursary place to this year’s Cilip Conference in Brighton – by 31st March
Cilip are offering a bursary for a member of MmIT to attend the Cilip Conference 2016 to be held in Brighton 12-13 July, 2016. http://cilipconference.org.uk/
The bursary includes a complimentary place on both conference days as well as one night’s accommodation at the IBIS hotel and the drinks reception at Brighton Pier.
The bursary is intended to promote MmIT and Cilip and the winner will be asked to play an active role at the conference through tweeting, assisting at the MmIT stand and writing a report for the MmIT Blog
Interested candidates must be a member of MmIT and are asked to provide the following:
- Cilip membership number
- A brief outline of professional experience
- 500 word rationale of how attending the Cilip conference will benefit their professional development
All applications must be sent to Dia Mexi-Jones by 31st March 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
MmIT Journal – February issue
The journal is live on the CILIP site: http://www.cilip.org.uk/multimedia-information-technology-group/mmit-journal/mmit-journal-current-issues
Please note this is a membership benefit, embargoed to non-members until 12 months after publication.
- A new bibliotherapy platform
- MMIT 2016 conference
- Cambridge (UK) Science Festival 2016 – Artificial intelligence and rise of the machines
BFI News: DVD releases of:
- Napoleon (1927)
- Product Review: Sonocent Audio Notetaker V 4
- DVD Review: How to be Eccentric
- DVD Review: On Yer Bike
- Coding on the curriculum
- Multimedia technology brings Cold War history to life
- Digitisation of material protected by copyright
- Privacy and security on the internet
- Digital divide in the post-Snowden era
- Ethical challenges of using Twitter as a data source
- Tips for Facebook Pages
- Bulbh, LG 360 VR
- Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone
MMIT 2016 Conference
The theme for our 2016 conference is “the role of libraries in digital citizenship”.
The two-day residential event will again take place at the excellent conference facilities at The Edge, Sheffield.
Keep your diary clear on 12th-13th September 2016 so you can come and join us!
Our keynote speakers have been confirmed as:
- Chris Stokes, Joint Director of Digital Learning, University of Sheffield
- Helen Milner, CEO & Staff Board Director, Tinder Foundation
- Kevin Curran, Reader in Computer Science and Group Leader for the Ambient Intelligence Research Group, University of Ulster
- Madeline Barrett, Head of Libraries, Heritage and Arts, London Borough of Sutton.
Keep in touch
Our Blog is at mmitblog.wordpress.com and you can follow on Twitter at twitter.com/multimediait. We’re also on LinkedIn, why not join our group? http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Multimedia-Information-Technology-MMIT-Group-3852407
Catherine Dhanjal email@example.com Tel (+44): 0800 998 7990 or 0794 166 9925 Managing Editor, Multimedia Information and Technology journal