April 11, 2016 by Lizzie Sparrow
Digital Citizenship : What is the library’s role?
A conference which explores and discusses several digital citizenship themes and the role and responsibility of the library and the librarian in supporting citizenry in the digital world.
The annual conference of the Cilip Multimedia, Information and Technology Group (MmIT) is taking place at the Edge Conference Centre at the University of Sheffield on Monday 12th September and Tuesday 13th September 2016.
- How does your library enable electronic participation in society and provide digital access to information, knowledge and scholarship?
- Does your library support users in their understanding of digital trading and e-commerce?
- What is your library’s role in digital literacy and in helping users to understand the pedagogy of technology and the use of technology in all aspects of life?
- Do you help your users to navigate digital communication channels and to understand how digital profiles and reputation are developed?
- Do you make your users aware of their rights and responsibilities and the legalities of operating in a digital word? (Individual online presence, standards of conduct and etiquette)?
The conference themes will consist of, your library’s role in:
- Digital access and inclusion
- Digital literacy
- Digital communications (including digital profiles, reputation)
- Digital law
- Digital security
If you or your library has a story to tell about any of these themes, we would love to hear from you and would strongly encourage you to answer our call for papers. The 2016 MmIT conference has the potential to bring together best practice from across all sectors of the library and information profession, and we sincerely hope to receive responses from public libraries, health libraries, academic libraries, commercial libraries, specialist libraries, school libraries and more. If you have an impact on the digital life of your constituents then you have a potential paper or case study to share with us.
For more information please see www.cilip.org.uk/multimedia-information-technology-group/news/mmit-conference-2016-call-papers.