Open Access Week is a global event which provides the research community with an opportunity to learn about the potential benefits of Open Access, to share what they’ve learned with colleagues, and to help inspire wider participation. The theme of #OAWeek 2018, which runs from October 22-28, is “designing equitable foundations for open knowledge”.
Some useful links:
- Paywall: The Business of Scholarship is a 2018 documentary which focuses on the need for open access to research and science. Free to watch and download, it is being screened during Open Access Week around the world.
- FOSTER and OpenAIRE are joining forces to offer a series of webinars and tutorials .
- Open Access Explained! an 8 minute introductory video from PHD Comics [2012 but still relevant].
- A masterclass on Open Access: Current Themes given by @ (from our January 2017 meeting).
- Make Your Research Open: brief video from Andy Tattersall video explaining the benefits of making research open and how it could improve citation count (2017).
- An Open Access Glossary compiled by the Office of Scholarly Communication (OSC), at the University of Cambridge.
Is your library or service celebrating #OAWeek 2018?