MmIT’s webinar on Using video in your library and information service was held on 12 December 2018 and attracted a audience of over 50. MmIT Chair Andy Tattersall chaired the webinar and we were delighted to have three speakers from a range of professional library sessions who provided practical and inspiring introductions to a range of video-related tools:
- Kim Donovan from @SPHLibrary introduced the Actionbound scavenger hunt app, which allows the creator to upload video for information and/or to set tasks which involve students/users uploading their own video.
- MmIT Committee member Christina Harbour from @AngliaRuskin discussed Powtoon (which enables even beginners to create engaging, animated videos) and provided tips and hints on creating video using an iPad.
- Claire Sewell from @theUL at Cambridge University provided overviews of Lumen5 (A.I. powered video creation platform that turns blog posts into engaging videos) and Screencastify (a browser extension that can be used as a live demo tool or to record a screen demo).
- The tweets are recorded in an #MmITvideo wakelet.
- The slides from the webinar are online at: https://www.slideshare.net/MmITGroup/using-video-in-your-library-and-information-service?
- The video recording of the webinar is online: https://youtu.be/Vbe3mRvHtTY